Mergers & acquisitions
"Shoosmiths' team has a proven track record for providing us with a great service on the UK and international elements of our transactions. Their efforts have merely reinforced what we already knew - they are a legal team we can trust to deliver."
Managing Partner, MML Capital Partners
When there is a lot at stake, you will look to your corporate lawyers to make sure you come away with the right deal. A deal that is carefully structured, tax efficient and successfully achieves your objectives.
Our national corporate team is experienced in dealing with all types of mergers and acquisitions, private equity and stock exchange work and understands the need for a commercial approach to such transactions.
We are experienced negotiators of sale and purchase contracts and private equity structures, and experts in legal due diligence.
You will find that we take responsibility for making the deal happen and are pro-active in our approach to your transaction. We work seamlessly with your other external advisers and, of course, our own colleagues in Shoosmiths' specialist competition, tax, real estate, environmental and employment teams, to provide you with the best service and advice.
We will team up with you as a partner throughout the process, understanding your objectives and priorities and making sure these are at the forefront of each decision made. We aim to spot issues before they arise and manage them swiftly to ensure a smooth process.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Ageas on the £215m acquisition of Kwik Fit Insurance Services Limited
- Advising the management team on the £41m buy out of AIM listed Workplace Systems International Plc
- Advising Enara Finance Limited on its buy-and-build strategy, completing more than 30 acquisitions in two years
- Advising British Gas on its acquisitions of JK Environmental (UK) Limited and ECL Contracts
- Advising the management sellers of the Lifeways group of companies on the disposal and equity work required on the secondary buyout of the group backed by OMERS Private Equity