Mergers & acquisitions
"Shoosmiths provided first class legal advice and guidance to the company and management team throughout the transaction. Quite simply, we would not have done the deal if it had not been for the Shoosmiths team."
CEO of Intelligent Maintenance Systems Limited
Shoosmiths has a wealth of experience in advising on a full range of M&A transactions, from private company share and business acquisitions and disposals through to management led and private equity backed deals and joint ventures.
Our broad experience includes acting for entrepreneurs, SMEs and large corporates on smaller, straightforward deals as well as complex, multinational ones.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising South African listed retail giant Truworths International on the acquisition of an 88.9% stake in fashion footwear chain Office Retail Group.
- Advising Ludendo Enterprises UK Limited on its sale of the entire share capital of Hamleys to Chinese footwear retailer C Banner International Holdings Limited.
- Advising TH Real Estate on the disposal of Festival Place Shopping Centre in Basingstoke, one of the UK's largest single site real estate deals of 2015.
- Advising the sellers on the disposal of Global Group (UK) Limited, a global healthcare business, to Impellam Group plc for an enterprise value of circa £37m.
- Advising Intelligent Maintenance Systems on an important strategic transaction with E.on Connecting Energies which saw the energy company take a 25% stake in IMS.
- Advising GAME Digital on the acquisition of Multiplay (UK), an event and gaming community focused company, for circa £20m.
- Advising Octopus Ventures on the sale to Microsoft of London-based Touchtype, maker of the SwiftKey artificial intelligence predictive keyboard application which is installed globally on millions of Apple iOS and Android devices.
- Advising Chase Templeton on over 50 acquisitions since the private health insurance specialist secured investment from Palatine Private Equity in 2013, including advising on the acquisition of Atlas Consulting Group and Consilium Employee Benefits.