Excellent service and legal advice from team specialising in construction disputes and litigation and legal disputes delivering an amazing client experience for companies in the UK.
We appreciate that construction disputes can arise from time to time.
Expense, delay and disruption to clients' business can be avoided or minimised by our timely and practical advice.
Shoosmiths' construction disputes team of experienced advisers will work closely and proactively with you from first involvement to help you manage the dispute.
Our sole objective is to achieve the best possible commercial outcome for your business.
We regularly advise on final account disputes, loss and expense and prolongation claims, contractual and payment disputes, and professional negligence claims.
Sometimes commercial negotiations may not be the best solution for your business. In this event, our construction disputes team has significant experience of alternative dispute resolution of all forms, along with more formal methods of a dispute resolution, including:
- adjudication enforcement via the courts
- technology and Construction Court proceedings
- expert determination
We will work closely with you to manage costs and risk effectively.
- Adjudication for a mechanical and electrical contractor in an adjudication over a final account worth more than £5m
- Advising a large developer on its loss and expense, and delay claim resulting from a defective mechanical and electrical supply
- Acting for sub-contractor in a £2m dispute settled at mediation, leading to the sub-contractor making a substantial recovery
- Acting for a large multi-national joint venture against a specialist engineering contractor in a series of multi-million pound adjudications
- Successful settlement of numerous professional negligence claims
- Acting on a £20m dispute in TCC relating to circumstances surrounding the termination of a contractor's employment