Excellent service and legal advice from team specialising in insolvency disputes and litigation and legal disputes delivering an amazing client experience for companies in the UK.
Our insolvency disputes team advises on all contentious insolvency disputes, acting for insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, asset-based lenders and creditors, together with other third parties (including directors) affected by insolvency.
We specialise in investigations into the affairs of insolvent companies and individuals in order to trace, recover and realise assets by way of claims to set aside antecedent transactions, fraud claims (including where there has been dishonest assistance or Missing Trader Intra Community ('carousel' fraud), and claims against directors to compensate the insolvent company, for instance misfeasance and wrongful trading claims.
Our insolvency disputes team also advises insolvency practitioners on making Insolvency Act applications, such as extensions to administrations, permission to distribute dividends to unsecured creditors out of administrations, and acts for insolvency practitioners where their conduct is brought into question.
- asset and debt recovery, including winding up and bankruptcy petition proceedings
- enforcing security and third party title claims
- directors' disqualification
- transactions at an undervalue, preference and transactions defrauding creditors
- injunctive relief
- examinations of directors, bankrupts and third parties
- creditors' claims and positions
- trust issues
- priority disputes
- property disputes
- misfeasance claims
- wrongful and fraudulent trading claims against directors
- bankruptcy offences
- retention of title
- matrimonial home disputes in bankruptcy