Restructuring & insolvency
Excellent service and legal advice from a team specialising in insolvency delivering an amazing client experience for companies in the UK.
Our team of skilled national insolvency lawyers has a broad range of experience across the full spectrum of insolvency, including property issues, with particular emphasis on supporting insolvency practitioners, banks and asset based lenders.
We provide advice to company directors and businesses operating with financial difficulties, providing bespoke and innovative solutions.
As well as advising insolvency practitioners in connection with disposals of businesses out of administration, we also advise purchasers of such businesses, often structuring the transaction on your behalf to provide the most effective and risk-free way of incorporating a new business into your current corporate structure.
We recognise that in insolvency scenarios you will need urgent practical advice, which is why we pride ourselves on our fast response times, offering constructive, commercial and clear advice in a straightforward manner, to provide you with solutions tailored to your objectives.
As well as specialising in non-contentious insolvency issues, we can also help you with insolvency litigation, acting for insolvency practitioners and creditors in recovering funds through the use of corporate and insolvency legislation.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on the purchase of certain of the business and assets of Oddbins Limited from its administrators
- Advising the administrators of Vergo Retail Limited, a company operating 17 department stores, including Lewis of Liverpool
- Advising the administrators of Protega Limited, achieving a sale of the business as a going concern and preserving a number of jobs as a consequence
- Obtaining a freezing injunction to preserve assets whilst pursuing a transaction at an undervalue claim within a bankruptcy
- Advising the Law of Property Act receivers and administrators of a company with a large property portfolio - some of it offshore - to realise assets for the benefit of the lender