Real estate tax
Excellent service and legal advice from team specialising in real estate tax and tax law delivering an amazing client experience for companies in the UK.
Tax is a vital aspect in all forms of real estate transactions, and we work closely with our colleagues in the real estate team to provide commercial and practical solutions to minimise the tax burden wherever possible.
We are experienced in advising from all angles of a real estate transaction, whether we are acting for owners, local authorities, banks, investors or tenants.
Taxes range from income and corporation tax to VAT and stamp duty land tax. We are also experienced in advising on business rates.
The number of incentives and reliefs available to those in the real estate sector is changing fast.
HMRC is intent on clamping down on perceived avoidance, particularly in the SDLT arena, so an understanding of those issues is imperative in order to identify and mitigate the tax implications.
Common areas on which we advise include:
- tax aspects of the acquisition and sale of real estate
- structuring development projects
- SDLT and VAT mitigation
- capital allowances planning
- construction industry scheme advice
- joint ventures, including limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships
Our clients include a number of the UK's leading property development companies, various housing associations and many on-shore and off-shore property investment funds and businesses.
Our recent experience includes:
- Providing opinions to banks on various SDLT structures
- Advising various house builders on redevelopment projects
- Structuring a residential property fund
- Creating a BPRA structure
- Setting up an exempt property unit trust