Shoosmiths is committed to protecting the environment by demonstrating high standards of environmental responsibility in all our operations and minimising the environmental impacts associated with our activities, products and services. In particular we recognise the importance of a progressive approach to improving our energy and low carbon performance.
Our energy management and carbon reduction strategy is based on:
- Legislative compliance and demonstration of best management practice.
- Understanding of strategic decisions and operational practices that impact on our energy consumption and carbon emissions and the implementation and review of procedures and programmes to address them.
- Measurement, monitoring, analysis and reporting of energy consumption, business travel and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Establishment and regular review of objectives and targets.
- Investment of appropriate resources and information to achieve our objectives and targets.
- Improving the energy efficiency of our buildings and IT systems and sourcing renewable energy where technically and commercially practicable.
- Reducing the need for business travel.
- Training and communication undertaken for staff to increase awareness, understanding and technical knowledge in order to encourage improvement action.
- Collaboration with our clients to achieve aligned goals.
- Working with our supply chain to improve performance.
- Implementing, maintaining and communicating this policy across the firm and making it available to all interested parties.
- Publishing our approach and progress against performance.
Date: 23 September 2015
Signed: Claire Rowe, Chief executive