Ready to apply now?
"Watch our videos on YouTube and read our blog posts. Learn everything you can about the firm and the training programme before submiting you application."
Graduate Recruitment Manager
Ready to apply now?
If everything you've read hasn't confirmed your decision to apply, how about reading about some of our recent nominations, awards and advice.
- In 2017 and 2018 we won the Best Social Media award by AllAboutLaw, it's something we think is really valuable in enabling us to communicate with you, so we're really proud of this
- In 2015 we were proud to accept the Commendation for Diversity award by LawCareers.net. You can read more about why we won this award here.
- We were awarded the Best Trainer award by LawCareers.net in 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2007.You can read more about why we won this award here.
- We were ranked as a Top Undergraduate Employer by Rate My Placement, and the The Job Crowd both for the 4th consecutive year in a row
- And we have also been named as the Best Graduate Employer 2014 by Legal Week
- We were awarded the Top Law firm for Training Contracts and Vacation Schemes and Best for Job Satisfaction 2014 awarded by AllAboutLaw, adding to our previous award of Best Vacation Scheme 2013.
The online application form for insight evenings is now closed.
The online application form for placements and training contracts is currently open.
* application opens in a new window
Please note that you cannot apply for a placement without also applying for a training contract.
Shoosmiths reserve the right to close the application form earlier if all places have been successfully filled, therefore we advise you to submit your application for a summer vacation placement and training contract as soon as possible.
|Insight Evening 2019||Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Reading, Solent, Leeds||17 September 2018||30 November 2018||If your application is successful you will be invited to attend an insight evening during January or February 2019.|
|Summer Placement 2019||Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Reading, Solent, Leeds||December 2018||28 February 2019||If your application is successful you will be invited to submit a video interview, then you may be invited to attend a placement during June 2019 for one week.|
|Training Contract 2021||Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Reading, Solent, Leeds||December 2018||31 May 2019||If your application is successful you will be invited to submit a video interview, then you may be invited to attend an assessment day between 25 - 29 June 2019.|
Got a question?
That might make a start at answering your question, but if you have any more have a look at our FAQ page, tweet our trainees directly at http://www.twitter.com/shoosmithsgrads or email us at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer and invite applications from candidates from all walks of life. If you need any assistance completing our online application form, or if you require any adjustments to be made to support you during the application or interview process please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please email the graduate recruitment team on [email protected] or speak to either Danielle Owens (03700 861874) or Samantha Hope (03700 863075) to discuss further.
Shoosmiths supports the voluntary code to good practice in the recruitment of trainee solicitors which aims to provide a fair recruitment process for all applicants. Amongst other things, the Code encourages law firms to wait until students' final year of undergraduate study before making official training contract offers. The purpose of this is to ensure that students are provided with sufficient time to gain a breadth of experience, and are not unduly put in a position where they are required to make a long-term commitment in the early stages of undergraduate study.