Aaron is a solicitor in the corporate department's restructuring and insolvency team specialising in all aspects of corporate transactional insolvency. His experience includes advising on the validity of bank's security, negotiating sale and purchase agreements, advising insolvency practitioners on all aspects of the insolvency process as well as advising on the validity of their appointment. Aaron also undertakes a broad range of LPA receivership matters.
Aaron's recent experience includes:
- acting for the bank, LPA receivers and administrators of a large £60 million group property portfolio including realising the assets and examining the non co-operative directors in Court pursuant to Section 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986;
- acting for the administrators of a large well known department store chain on the disposal of one of its key northern department stores;
- assisting on the acquisition of certain of the business and assets of Oddbins from its administrators;
- acting for administrators in the disposal of three separate divisions of a vehicle dealership; and
- advising on the restructuring of debt and security of a large retail business. This also involved acting on the subsequent assignment of this security and disposal of the shares in the trading business prior to its insolvency.
Aaron trained at Cobbetts, qualifying in 2007, before moving to Eversheds where he was a solicitor in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team. Aaron joined Shoosmiths in 2008.
LLB (hons) in Law 2:1 ( University of Birmingham )