Alex is a real estate lawyer with extensive experience in all aspects of development and investment work. He also has significant expertise in portfolio acquisitions and disposals, secured lending work, and property management. Alex has advised a wide range of businesses and clients in both the private and the public sectors, and has particular expertise in the delivery of large and complex multi-use schemes. His approach is a very commercial one, focused upon the financial, business and political drivers of our clients.
Alex’s recent project experience includes advising:
- Lingfield Securities Plc and Kier Group Plc in connection with a 140,000 sq ft mixed use retail and leisure scheme in Richmondshire;
- Citygrove Securities Plc on a large mixed use retail, leisure and residential scheme near London;
- Telford and Wrekin Council in connection with the sale of the Council’s main offices in Telford, as the initial stage of their ambitious redevelopment of half of Telford town centre;
- Muse Developments on their £100m mixed use scheme at Chatham Place in Reading;
- A major landowner in connection with a £250m mixed use scheme in the West Midlands.
Alex has been a partner in the real estate teams of Pinsent Masons, DLA Piper, Mills & Reeve and Gateley, before joining Shoosmiths in 2013. Before that, he spent 7 years working in London, in the property department of Herbert Smith.
BA (Hons) Jurisprudence 2:1 ( Oxford University )