Anna is a real estate lawyer who has a wide range of property experience with particular expertise in acting for retail and investor clients as well as representing various well known occupational and industrial tenants, landlords and portfolio holders since qualification in 2002. She has a pragmatic and commercial focus enhanced by several in-house secondments during the course of her career. Her clients value her committed approach to client care combined with her can-do attitude.
Her recent project experience includes:
- acting on the first phase of a £100m mixed use retail and leisure scheme which, when completed, will be one of the biggest retail parks in the UK. Over the course of 2016 and 2017, Anna led the client team in relation to this scheme, dealing with the majority of lettings and acting as the main client point of contact. Anna is now instructed on the next phases of the scheme scheduled to PC late 2020.
- acting for the UK's leading independent energy and multi-utilities service provider and running a bespoke team servicing this growing client.
- acting for a luxury retailer as part of its ambitious expansion plan onto the UK high street and into shopping centres over the next two years.
- working with a PRS REIT in relation to the housing developments it has earmarked for purchase this year.
- advising a regional airport on all of its property requirements in relation to what is a complex and multi-tenanted site.
One of her key client’s has recently commented: “Anna is our ‘go to’ person at Shoosmiths…not only is she technically very able, but also diligent, committed, organised, easy to deal with, hard-working and efficient. She always goes the extra mile for us and can be depended upon to get things done when she says she will…”
Anna also considers corporate social responsibility to be a vital part of her work. One of Anna’s pro bono clients (a hospice with a number of retail units) has recently commented: ”The legal work that you do starts the whole process off by giving us the opportunity to make the shop the success that it has turned out to be, but ultimately it helps to fund the doctors and nurses who provide direct patient care. Whilst it might be another day in the office doing legal work, hopefully you can be heartened that the fruits of that labour is helping to support many patients and their loved ones in the most difficult time of their lives”.
LLB (Hons) Law ( The University of Manchester )
LPC ( The College of Law (York) )