Beeta is a solicitor in the Tax team and is based in the firm’s Thames Valley office. She works with a variety of clients including private companies and investors in a variety of sectors.
Beeta advises on a range of tax matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, property transactions and employment issues, as well as day-to-day queries. Her experience includes advising on employee share schemes, stamp duty land tax, stamp duty, PAYE and VAT.
Her recent work includes:
· implementing EMI option schemes for private companies wishing to incentivise key individuals in their business;
· acting for buyers and sellers on the sale and purchase of businesses, including drafting and negotiating tax warranties and the tax covenant;
· applying on behalf of companies, including a construction company and major technology company, to HMRC for stamp duty relief;
· applying for EIS relief for qualifying investors of a number of investee companies; and
· preparing and submitting relevant documentation to the Stamp Office to register businesses for VAT and opting to tax property.
Beeta joined Shoosmiths in 2014 as a trainee solicitor and qualified in the Tax team in September 2016. During her training contract, she also worked as part of the Corporate and Employment teams. She studied Law at the University of Southampton and completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, Guildford.
Law ( University of Southampton )
Legal Practice Course ( University of Law, Guildford )