Charlotte is an Associate in the Banking and Finance team, based in our Nottingham office. Charlotte has experience advising banks, financial institutions and corporates in relation to a wide range of financing transactions, including leveraged and acquisition finance, real estate finance and general corporate banking, as well as debt portfolio sale and purchase transactions.
Charlotte's recent experience includes:
- acting for the senior lender, alongside mezzanine financing, in connection with the management buy-out of a freight distribution and delivery business;
- acting for a leading UK clearing bank in connection with the private equity backed acquisition of a drinks distribution business and portfolio of public houses;
- acting for Deutsche Bank in connection with the acquisition of part of the Project Stone commercial property loan portfolio from IBRC, and advising in relation to the ongoing restructuring of connections within that portfolio;
- acting for a club of three lenders providing working capital facilities to a leading multinational professional services company;
- acting in connection with the provision of super senior revolving credit facilities to a mobile healthcare provider;
- advising a leading manufacturer of soft tissue products on its facilities in relation to its admission to AIM.
Charlotte trained at Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds, qualifying into the Corporate Banking team in September 2012. She joined Shoosmiths in May 2017. In 2015, Charlotte spent six months on secondment in the financial sponsors team at HSBC Bank plc, working on sponsor-led leveraged finance transactions.
MA (Cantab) ( Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge )
Graduate Diploma in Law - Commendation ( BPP Law School, Leeds )
Legal Practice Course - Distinction ( BPP Law School, Leeds )