Chris specialises in acting for sophisticated landlord investors in relation to portfolio and high value/profile acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant matters including new lettings, variations and lease management.
Chris also has significant expertise in advising financial institutions with regard to procuring and perfecting security over many types of commercial property in the office, industrial, retail, brown field and late night entertainment sectors. Chris also undertakes commercial and mixed use property development and provides property support to the corporate team in business sales and acquisitions.
His recent projects include advising:
- London & Continental Railways Limited in its disposal of a key development site to facilitate the £200m Oxpens Road, Oxford regeneration program;
- The Open University in relation to its property reorganisation program involving acquisitions and disposals across various £multi-million sites across the country;
- Almacantar in relation to a lease management scheme to obtain vacant possession to facilitate the redevelopment of London’s Centre Point tower;
- As part of the property team carrying out the due diligence in relation to the £172m share purchase of Park Holidays UK;
- a health and fitness group of companies in connection with its fire-sale disposal of a number of its clubs;
- a ‘Big Five’ UK bank in relation to a petrochemical company’s acquisition of a portfolio of filling stations; and
- the trustees of a pension company in relation to collateral security relating to charges secured over 35 residential properties.
Chris joined Shoosmiths in 2011 having previously worked at a niche commercial property firm in London.