Daniel is a Solicitor within Shoosmiths' Commercial team based in Birmingham. Daniel trained and qualified with the firm in September 2013.
Daniel forms part of Shoosmiths' financial services team specialising in consumer finance, motor dealer funding, small and medium ticket asset finance. Having been a Paralegal with the firm for five years within the same area before undertaking his training contract, Daniel has developed a wealth of experience in providing commercial advice for clients.
Daniel also specialises in advertising copy approval in both financial and non-financial advertising across all media types. In 2013, Daniel was named Credit Today's Rising Star for the United Kingdom as part of which the judges remarked on his excellent work in credit advertising.
Examples of Daniel's recent work include:
- Advising Santander Consumer (UK) plc on the transition from supervision by the Office of Fair Trading to the Financial Conduct Authority and compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook;
- Advising several clients including a global retail organisation in relation to applications for Interim Permission and future authorisation requirements;
- Reviewing lending documentation and producing new documentation and structures for a British Government backed consumer credit lending scheme;
- Advising Santander Consumer (UK) plc and Hyundai Capital UK Limited in relation to credit advertising compliance across all media types; and
- Advising a major UK car manufacturer on CAP and BCAP compliance and providing a review and approval solution for all UK advertising.
BA (Hons) Business Studies ( University of Hull )
LLB Law ( College of Law )
Legal Practice Course ( College of Law )