"Peers describe Deborah as "very respected, down to earth, commercial, sensible" and "someone who gets the job done.""
Chambers UK 2013
Deborah is a real estate lawyer with wide experience of acting for property funds, landlords, portfolio holders and retailers. Deborah has substantial experience in advising on complex transactions and portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
Deborah’s recent transactions include:
- advising Highcross on the 76,413 square foot letting at Broad Gate, Leeds to Yorkshire Building Society, being the biggest individual office transaction in Leeds since 2004;
- advising the Gala Coral Group on the sale of its casino business for £179 million;
- acting on the £175 million refinancing of the real estate portfolio of the HXRUK III fund;
- acting for Highcross on a number of significant industrial lettings including 456,350 square feet to B & M Retail at the Big Rack, Knowsley and 213,291 square feet unit in Crewe to Davis Haulage;
- advising Midlands Co-operative Society in concluding a redevelopment proposal for a new Tesco at Stirchley.
Deborah has been a partner in Shoosmiths real estate practice since 1997, having joined the firm from Hogan Lovells.
Deborah works closely with Business in the Community in relation to various community projects, is on the firm’s charity committee and (in her spare time) assists with the running of a community football club for over 1000 young footballers.