Emily specialises in residential development and advises developers, house builders, registered providers and land owners on all aspects of property development.
Emily’s experience covers a wide range of development, leasing and investment projects, including development agreements; development leases; development licences; conditional and unconditional sale agreements; golden brick agreements; back-to-back contracts; lock out agreements; option agreements; overage agreements; utilities agreements; asset management and site set-ups.
Emily's recent work includes:
* Advising a major Plc house builder on the complex mixed use development of two sites in partnership with a Local Authority and the HCA to comprise c.650 dwellings and involving several third parties.
* Advising a registered provider on the acquisition of mixed tenure affordable housing across a variety of sites and involving a variety of landowners, involving conditional golden brick sale agreements and option agreements.
* Advising a major Plc house builder on an acquisition of a strategic site from a number of land owners for £10 million.
* Advising a major Plc house builder on a joint venture with a registered provider for a mixed use development.
* Advising a major Plc house builder on a complex mixed tenure regeneration of a country park as part of a three way working relationship with a gross development value of £25 million.
Emily joined Shoosmiths in 2015 as a solicitor. Prior to this, Emily worked as an in-house solicitor for a major Plc house builder.
Degree of Bachelor of Laws 2:1 ( University of Leicester )