"Independently ranked as a top-20 UK law firm for real estate, the firm has more than 190 lawyers advising on property, planning, construction, tax, environmental, and property litigation."
Emma is a solicitor within the Real Estate team and has experience acting for corporate occupier landlords and tenants. Emma has been involved in a variety of transactions including estate management, assisting on acquisitions and the disposal of commercial premises. Emma joined Shoosmiths’ real estate practice in March 2015 from Shakespeares'.
Emma’s recent project experience includes advising: -
- a number of well-known high street names on all matters connected with the management of their property portfolios including disposals, lease renewals and alterations;
- acting on behalf of a well-known Midlands retailer who was looking to assign 24 properties in a timely and pro-active manner;
- negotiating the sale of properties through auction;
- on the assignment of both simple and complex assignments of a large national retailer in the acquisition of 180 properties including the negotiation of variations and reversionary leases to ensure the new properties are in line with their standard portfolio;
- on reporting on property details of a portfolio ahead of an international acquisitions to ensure the client was aware of what they would be acquiring should the transaction proceed.
Emma is very dedicated to her work and highly professional in the way she represents clients and deals with any queries raised. Emma has gained insightful knowledge of the retail world whilst carrying out a secondment at a large national retailer.
Prior to initiating her working career in law, Emma studied at the College of Law (LPC) and the University of Birmingham (LLM) and the University of Wales, Aberystwyth (LLB HONS).
Outside of work, Emma enjoys socialising with friends, cooking, ballet and being a Governor of a local school.
College of Law ( LPC )
LLB (Hons) ( University of Wales, Aberyswyth )
LLM ( University of Birmingham )