""Having worked with Fiona on a particularly complex contractual matter, she was quick to grasp the key issues and advise us on a practical and commercial approach. She understands the requirements of in-house lawyers, focussing on key issues and risks and delivering results, as well as forming strong working relationships with senior leaders in our business which enables a more business partner approach." "
Karen Millen, General Counsel & Corporate Compliance Director, Virgin Care Limited
Fiona is a Legal Director in Shoosmiths' Commercial Group and specialises in advising clients across all sectors on business critical commercial contracts (purchasing, production, marketing, selling, infrastructure and logistics) as well as outsourcings, regularly with a cross border aspect.
Fiona also advises on business as usual matters including supply chain arrangements for goods and services and other route to market arrangements including agency and distribution.
Recent experience includes:
· Advising Virgin Care on a multi- million pound PbR contract with Burton Hospital Foundation Trust in respect of provision of acute services as part of the commissioned East Staffordshire Improving Lives contract.
· Advising Cerner on bid for high value RHO contract for the Homerton NHS Trust.
· Negotiating a £19m long term framework purchasing agreement with a leading US automotive Tier 2 manufacturer with complex KPI’s and cost down mechanisms.
· Advising on a multi-million pound contract with an unusual risk profile and lengthy liability provisions with the European Space Agency in relation to supply of a bespoke product used in rocket launching applications for the Arianne space project.
· Advising on PbR contracts in partnership with the third sector for MOD remodelled probation trusts.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths, Fiona worked in-house as General Counsel Europe for a Division of IMI Plc where she was also a member of the European executive management team. Her role included redesigning the end to end business customer contracting process in accordance with LEAN principles and designing and managing a European compliance programme in global trade sanctions. She has also undertaken senior level client secondments including with British American Tobacco and Iron Mountain.
Fiona trained in London and Brussels and spent several years working in London for global law firms on commercial matters.
LL.B (Hons) - First Class ( University of Southampton )
Legal Practice Course - Diploma ( Guildford College of Law )