"Stands out as a rising junior lawyer with superb relationship building skills and a strong technical ability to deliver in tough negotiations"
Legal 500 (2014)
Gillian is a real estate lawyer who specialises in property development and telecommunications property law and has extensive experience in leasing (landlord and tenant), property management and acquisition and disposal of commercial properties.
Her recent experience includes acting for:
- A well-known developer in acquiring complex sites for development and ultimate disposals to major house builders and other occupiers, involving development agreements, leases and other bespoke agreements.
- A large supermarket operator in developing new stores and extending existing stores, including development agreements, leases and lease variations and associated documentation.
- A large mobile telecommunications operator in relation to all Scottish property aspects of mast sites, including site acquisition and disposal, site share and site management, numerous special projects, leading time constrained site audits and providing bespoke advice on complexities relative to existing sites and related documentation.
- Acting for wind farm developer in a complex project to enable construction of a radar mitigation solution in connection with the development of a wind farm, including advice on bespoke contract provisions and lease structure, negotiation of the bespoke head lease and sub-lease, and providing Certificate of Title to a funder.
- Acting for high class restaurant in taking leases of new restaurant premises (new build development and existing premises) including complex agreements for lease, leases and ancillary documentation.
Gillian joined Shoosmiths in 2017 from Shepherd and Wedderburn where she trained.
LLB Hons (2:1) ( The University of Edinburgh )
Dip LP ( The University of Edinburgh )