Joanna is a solicitor in the Technology, Media and Commercial (TMC) team. She advises on a wide range of commercial matters, including: supply agreements for goods and/or services; distribution agreements; sponsorship agreements; contract variations and terminations; consultancy agreements; confidentiality agreements; research and development agreements; and outsourcing projects.
Joanna recently spent 11 months on a full-time secondment to British American Tobacco where she gained invaluable experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic in-house legal team- providing practical and timely advice directly to the business.
Recent experience includes:
· Drafting and negotiating a framework agreement for the procurement of real estate transaction management services internationally.
· Drafting a new contract for the purchase of recruitment services. This involved navigating the client through its existing complex contractual arrangements and offering practical solutions as to the structure of the new deal to enable the client to fulfil its commercial objectives moving forward.
· Assisting a client with its internal risk mitigation strategy in connection with the auditing of its contracts.
· Drafting, negotiating and advising clients on a wide range of procurement contracts relating to the purchase of facilities, travel, HR and professional services.
· Preparing standard documentation for a client relating to the supply of data to its customers; negotiating contracts with that client’s major UK retailer and manufacturer customers and advising on the intellectual property issues arising out of the collection and supply of third party-sourced data.
· Drafting terms and conditions and providing advice in relation to the delivery of sales promotions e.g. prize draws and competitions to be conducted via social media.
Joanna trained at Boyes Turner, qualifying into their Commercial & Technology team in September 2012. She joined Shoosmiths three years later in September 2015.
BA Hons in Comparative American Studies (2:1) ( University of Warwick )
Year abroad studying American History and Spanish ( University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) )
LLB Hons in Law (First) (GDL and LPC) ( College of Law, Guildford )