John is a real estate lawyer with wide experience of acting for property investors, banks, landlords and tenants. He has substantial acquisition and disposal expertise, acting for a number of institutions. He is easy to deal with and is known for providing pragmatic and commercially aware solutions. John’s can-do attitude gets deals done quickly and efficiently.
His recent project experience includes advising:
- Large institutional investor in the acquisition of an industrial estate in Aberdeen which included a number of lettings.
- Major UK Bank in the refinancing of a Scottish property investment company’s substantial property portfolio.
- On a cross-border sale and leaseback transaction, in which the client acquired a number of well known theatres across the UK.
- A property investment company in the acquisition of a development site in Glasgow for student accommodation and a large retail unit
- A number of national occupiers with their occupation requirements including new lettings, purchases and portfolio management.
John joined Shoosmiths' real estate practice in 2014, having joined the firm from Pinsent Masons where he spent nearly 8 years.