Jonathan has specialised in Real Estate for over 10 years, with a broad range of experience covering investment acquisitions and disposals, corporate mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, finance, development, and letting transactions. Jonathan has advised clients in the office, retail, industrial and residential sectors.
Jonathan’s experience includes:
- £367m disposal by a pharmaceutical company of its international business to a private equity firm;
- Financing and £92.2m purchase of mixed-use 55 Mark Lane, City of London for an international developer;
- Representing a FTSE 250 international investment bank and asset manager on its property matters, including the acquisition of 61,000 sq ft of Grade A office space in the heart of the City of London at a rent of £3.65m per annum;
- Acting for Africa's largest independent telecoms wholesaler, providing customers with access to a global footprint that covers more than 3,000 cities in 130 countries, on the relocation of its office in London’s West End;
- Advising an industrial client on its acquisition of leasehold interests in UK jetties for the generation and onward transportation of liquefied natural gas, including a jetty valued at £50m with proposal to install 18,000 solar panels; and
- Advising a Canadian bank on a C$250m loan facility relating to assets worldwide, including a UK property worth £50m with contents of £30m.
Jonathan was recognised by Super Lawyers Magazine, published by Thomson Reuters, as a ‘Rising Star’ within the field of Real Estate (2013 and 2014 editions).
Jonathan’s article, “Caveat Emptor - All Beware”, has been published in the Estates Gazette.
He is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Jonathan joined the Shoosmiths Real Estate Team in July 2015.
LPC Commendation ( Guildford College of Law )
Law with French Law LLB 2:1 ( Exeter University )