Julia heads the commercial team in Solent. She specialises in commercial law and is experienced in a wide variety of commercial arrangements including supply chain and risk management, procurement, outsourcing, subcontracting, agency, distribution, confidentiality, consultancy, manufacturing, exploitation and collaboration.
Julia has advised clients on strategic and significant projects both nationally and internationally across a wide range of industries. She has particular expertise in the outsourcing, facilities management, automotive, engineering, manufacturing, waste/environmental and logistics sectors. She also has detailed experience in retail, food and drink.
Her relevant experience includes:
- advising on a potential £150 million soft FM subcontract under an MOD outsourcing project.
- developing and structuring a new compliance scheme for the recycling and recovery of WEEE under the WEEE Regulations including advising in relation to the UK's only Distributor Take Back Scheme.
- advising on the £60 million development of a commercially viable zero emission engine for use in the home delivery and urban vehicle market for an iconic commercial vehicle manufacturer.
- assisting a dominant UK packaging waste compliance scheme in the strategic restructuring of its contractual business model and drafting modular compliance scheme membership terms.
- drafting and negotiating grape procurement and managed bottling service agreements for key Argentinean and South African branded wine (including leading South African brand Kumala).
- assisting one of the largest battery manufacturers in the world in the development and routes to commercial exploitation of existing technology in innovative and emerging sectors/applications.
- supporting one of the largest cement manufacturers in the world with its solvent waste management recycling and recovery business including the provision of a total waste management service to Biffa and a commercial joint venture to develop and exploit new products and processes.
- assisting in rolling out a programme across hundreds of subcontractors to flow down master services terms agreed as part of a ground breaking global total FM outsourcing.
- advising a supermarket chain on best practice procurement procedures and policies.
- implementing a cradle to grave logistics solution for collection, bundling, warehousing, delivery and reprocessing of packaging waste nationally and internationally.
Julia trained at Eversheds and qualified in 1996. Julia has worked at DLA Piper and Squire Sanders (Hammonds). Julia joined Shoosmiths in 2012 and has been on secondment as Head of Legal at ISS UK.
LLB (Hons) in Law First ( Exeter University )