"Kenny Scott of Shoosmiths LLP assists clients on employment issues such as TUPE and tribunal litigation. Clients say he is "an absolute delight to deal with" and appreciate that he is "prepared to go the extra mile in everything he does.""
Chambers UK 2018
Kenny is an experienced employment lawyer who advises both commercial clients and individuals on the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious employment issues. These include discrimination issues, executive terminations, TUPE, business reorganisations, collective redundancies, employment contracts, dismissals and disciplinary/grievance issues.
He is regularly involved in providing employment support on asset and share purchases and has significant experience advising on the employment aspects of insolvencies.
Kenny is also an experienced litigator who frequently appears on behalf of clients at Employment Tribunals where he has accumulated an enviable track record of success.
Kenny is an experienced trainer and he frequently develops and delivers bespoke training programmes for clients and speaks at external seminars on various employment law issues and practice.
Recent experiences include:
- successfully defending an engineering client in a 5 day race and disability discrimination claim;
- obtaining an award of expenses in favour of the above client;
- advising on a major collective redundancy consultation project;
- advising on ill-health capability terminations;
- acting for high net worth individuals in relation to negotiating settlement packages; and
- delivering bespoke capability and performance management training to senior managers.
Kenny qualified with Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP in 2005 and joined Shoosmiths LLP as a Senior Associate in 2014.
Kenny is ranked as an “Associate to Watch” in Chambers 2018.
LLB (hons) 2:1 ( University of Edinburgh )
Diploma in Legal Practice ( University of Edinburgh )