Kieran has specialised in property work since qualifying in 2014 and has gained a broad range of experience acting for both developer and landowner clients. Kieran is involved in commercial leasing (landlord and tenant), property development and investment, and acquisition and disposal of commercial properties. He is also involved with property finance work, advising major financial institutions, peer-to-peer lenders, and borrowers on a variety of finance transactions.
His project experience includes advising:
- a number of national retailers for their occupational leasing requirements, acquisition, disposal and portfolio management matters in Scotland;
- a borrower in relation to a £28m refinance for a significant student accommodation development in central Edinburgh;
- a major utility company on the property rights required to facilitate the use of development sites, including acquisition and sale of development sites, corrective conveyancing, servitudes, leases;
- renewable energy developers on property matters to facilitate a variety of developments, including lease arrangements, options to lease, servitudes, and associated titles matters;
- a large public sector landowner on the property aspects for some of the largest renewable energy developments in the UK.
Kieran studied law at the University of Glasgow, obtaining a First Class Honours, and thereafter completed his Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Edinburgh.
LL.B (hons) First Class ( University of Glasgow )
Diploma in Legal Practice ( University of Edinburgh )