Kirsty is a real estate lawyer and has a broad range of experience in many aspects of commercial property, with a particular focus on all aspects of Landlord and Tenant work, conditional contracts, commercial development and portfolio management for major plc clients. She acts for a wide variety of clients including developers, investors, landlords and occupational tenants principally in the retail, licensed and leisure sectors.
Kirsty's experience includes:
- dealing with acquisitions for BarCo plc on it's ambitious bar roll out programme and managing real estate aspects of its portfolio;
- acting for DevCo on various conditional acquisitions, subsales, disposals and forward funding arrangements;
- managing the portfolio of 250+ properties on behalf of retail occupier and investor;
- acting on a scheme of redevelopment, letting and subsequent investment sale of various strategic sites for pubco plc;
- advising on and managing real estate aspects of a research and development collaboration project at a major international pharmaceutical corporation's north west facility.
Kirsty studied at the University of Manchester, the Universite de Bourgogne in Dijon, and the College of Law in Chester. She trained at Laytons before joining Shoosmiths in June 2011 as a newly qualified lawyer.