""very experienced" and "user-friendly""
Liz is a banking and finance partner with extensive expertise in all aspects of real estate finance, leveraged finance, acquisition finance and general corporate lending. She advises a comprehensive range of lenders including all of the major UK clearing banks and other financial institutions as well as corporates on transactions of all sizes and complexity, both domestic and cross-border. Liz is experienced in acting both for lenders and borrowers, bringing a balanced view to transactions.
Liz specialises in LMA syndicated documentation (leveraged and investment grade), bilateral facilities, complex intercreditor issues and documents, senior and mezzanine debt, private equity, security documents, ISDA documents, development and investment finance, structured real estate finance and CMBS, distressed portfolios, refinancings and restructurings.
Recent transactions include:
- acting for a major North West student accomodation developer on senior and mezzanine finvestment facilities of over £30,000,000;
- acting for a leading South African retailer (Truworths plc) on £100,000,000 facilities relating to the acquisition and operation of the Office shoe retail chain;
- acting for a major high street bank on £30,000,000 senior and mezzanine facilities, including a complex intercreditor agreement and hedging, relating to the acquisition of a retail park;
- acting for a developer on development funding of £28,000,000;
- acting for Palatine on debt facilities relating to the MBO's of The Alchemist bar chain and the Gusto restaurant chain.
Liz trained at Wilde Sapte in the City where she worked for 5 years before joining the London office of Sidley Austin Brown & Wood where she specialised in domestic and international structured real estate finance. She moved back to Manchester in 2005 and joined DLA Piper where she worked for 6 years, the last 3 of which as a partner. Liz joined Shoosmiths in 2013.
French Law LLB (Joint Hons) ( University of Liverpool )