Mark is a corporate partner, specialising in advising both public and private companies in corporate transactions, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, listings/de-listings, demergers, capital fund raisings and reductions, joint ventures, compliance and corporate governance.
Recent project experience includes advising:
- PPF Group NV on numerous cross border M&A transactions including its acquisition of a 50% stake in the Eldorado Group, Russia's largest consumer electronics retailer for $300 million;
- Lifeways Finance Limited in connection with its purchase of The SLC Group Limited;
- the shareholders of CSS Total Security on its sale to and reverse takeover of Croma Group plc, a company listed on AIM;
- Hitachi Rail Europe Limited in connection with its participation in a £4.5 billion government contract to build and service a new fleet of high speed intercity trains to be operated on the Great West Main Line and East Coast Main Line;
- the ERA Foundation on successive investments in growing technology related businesses;
- Provexis plc on the demerger of its Science in Sport business and the separate admission to AIM of Science in Sport plc.
Mark joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2005. Prior to that Mark was a partner in Blake Lapthorn. Mark trained at Gouldens in the City, qualifying in 1986, before moving to join the corporate department of Freshfields in 1987 where he remained for four years.