Matthew specialises in real estate. He advises funds, landlords, corporates and retailers on a wide variety of real estate transactions across all sectors, with a particular focus on investment and retail. Matthew's experience includes acqusitions and disposals, funding work, asset management and occupier leasehold matters, large scale projects and as real estate lead on cross-discipline/-jurisdiction transactions.
Recent transactions include:
- portfolio refinancing and disposal projects
- investment acquisitions and disposals across all sectors
- asset management for UK and offshore fund managers and investors
- advising national retailers on management of leasehold estate
- real estate adviser to Premier League football club
Matthew trained at Halliwells LLP before joining Shoosmiths in 2007. He leads the local membership of ProHelp, a multisector network of more than 400 firms who offer professional services for free to community organisations.
Legal Practice Course (Commendation) ( Nottingham Law School )
Post Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation) ( College of Law )
BA (Hons) History (2:1) ( The University of Liverpool )