Michael is a construction lawyer who has acted for employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. He has significant experience of adjudication, arbitration and litigation. His approach is typified by focusing early on the most likely outcomes of any dispute and advising on how to achieve the best result for the client, including via early settlement.
His recent experience includes advising:
- A large international engineering consultancy on an arbitration and appeal in relation to a marine engineering project.
- A contractor on a valuations dispute relating to a power station in the north of England.
- A university in the north-west of England during a number of adjudications, relating to a new science teaching laboratory.
- A contractor in relation to a dispute with an insolvent sub-contractor over the valuation of works.
- A local authority on 3 adjudications relating to an underbridge on the west coast mainline.
- A large contractor on a building contract relating to a residential development in the South-West of England.
Michael joined in early 2017 from Weightmans LLP. He previously worked for Deutsche Bank, where he advised on the legal aspects of structured products throughout Europe, including the first derivatives platform launched in Turkey.
Michael holds a Masters in Chemistry from Warwick University, enabling him to discuss highly technical cases easily.
MChem 2:1 ( Warwick University )