"Nichola Jenkins is rated "superb" by clients, who praise the high standards of her work and insightful advice. She demonstrates particular strength in SaaS matters and engages extensively with the most cutting-edge developments in computer technology"
Nichola has spent significant time working in industry,including with OEM and Tier 1 automotive suppliers; and with a leading globalsupplier of innovative software solutions. She is able to apply her technicalknowledge, combined with over 15 years legal experience, to provide expertadvice to her clients in the exploitation of their ideas, inventions, designsand technology.
Nichola is passionate about new technology and innovation.She works closely with companies across the whole innovation ecosystem,including FTSE 100 and global technology companies, SMEs with market leadingtechnology and research intensive universities. She advises clients in relationto:
- research and development agreements;
- funding arrangements;
- through licensing, jointventures, revenue sharing agreements or spin outs; and
- supply and manufacturing agreements.
Nichola also advises clients in relation to branding andmarketing, including the protection and licensing of trade marks, trade dress,get up and social media.
Recent examples of Nichola’s work include:
- working closely with the Commercialisation andIP department of the a Russell Group University, acting as an extensionof their legal team in the drafting and negotiation of a number of IPcommercialisation agreements;
- advising DataLase Ltd in relation to a varietyof development, licensing, and supply agreements concerning innovative printingtechnology;
- advising a producer of specialist cyclingequipment in respect of a number of development and collaboration agreements,including projects funded through Innovate UK.
Nichola previously worked at iSOFT, Pinsent Masons, DWF andSGH Martineau (now Shakespeare Martineau).
BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering 2:1 ( Nottingham Trent University)
LPC ( De Montfort University)
PGDL ( Nottingham Trent University)