Nina is a senior associate in Shoosmiths’ corporate department and advises a wide variety of clients, including professional equity investors, PLCs, large private companies, management teams and owner managers on a range of corporate transactions including acquisitions and disposals of companies and businesses, management buy-outs and buy-ins and company reorganisations.
Nina's work also involves advising clients on a broad range of company law issues, including the formation of companies, corporate governance and compliance issues, directors and company secretaries' duties, shareholder agreements, share capital issues, including reductions of capital, buy-backs and dividend declarations.
· Advising large US clients, including a vehicle components manufacturer and a manufacturer of GPS receivers, navigation systems and software processing tools on various large scale internal UK reorganisations, including capital reductions, debt assignments, asset transfers, dividends in specie and voluntary striking offs (the latest involving the simultaneous strike off of 9 separate entities);
· Advising private equity investee companies on numerous company secretarial issues, including multiple share buy backs, capital reductions, share for share exchanges;
· Advising the shareholders of Chevron Traffic Management Limited on the exit by Portchester Equity Limited and incoming investment by Triton Partners;
· Advising GAME Digital Holdings Limited (subsidiary of GAME Digital plc) on the £20m acquisition of Multiplay Limited;
· Advising numerous private equity backed businesses on their buy and build acquisitions, including Active Assistance, Carewatch Care Services and Minerva Education;
· Advising a private equity house on numerous listings of loan notes held in investment companies on what is now the International Stock Exchange;
· Advising a private equity house on the listing of several loan notes held in investment companies on the Channel Islands Stock Exchange.
Nina studied Philosophy and Classical Studies at the University of Reading before completing the PgDL at College of Law in London and obtaining a distinction in the LPC at the College of Law in Guildford.
Nina trained with Morgan Cole in Reading, qualifying into their corporate and banking team in 2007, and undertook a 6 month secondment with HSBC Thames Valley Corporate Banking Centre in 2010, before moving to Shoosmiths in 2011.
BA (hons) Philosophy and Classical Studies ( 2:1)
LPC ( Distinction)
PgDL ( Commendation)