"Paula Swain focuses on disputes work for clients including corporates, banks and finance companies. She is praised for her "clear and practical advice and encyclopaedic knowledge of finance matters." "
Paula leads our commercial (business to business) recoveries team, supporting your business to maximise cash flow, minimise costs and develop your teams from offices across our National network, including Belfast, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Thames Valley and Solent.
Paula leads the delivery of our National service to you, and will manage your relationship with us, from volume recoveries to one off high profile cases needing acute levels of reporting and management.
Paula is supported by a team filled with ambition and experience. Team Leaders include former managers from financial services, motor finance and recruitment companies. You also benefit from a dedicated team of solicitors managing defended and high profile cases, with commerciality at the heart of their service delivery. We focus on the best possible recoveries for you no matter what the stage of the placement.
Our ethos is built on collaboration with your team and within ours. Our Team Leaders and our solicitors support our case handlers at every stage. Our case handlers are ambitious for long term careers in the law, and are motivated to perform at every stage. They draw on the practical, commercial and legal expertise of the team to help them develop their ambitions and deliver excellent client service.
Our services include:
- Auditing and reporting service – drawing on our expertise and experience, we offer this service to help you review your current processes, systems and controls around cash flow management, credit control and litigation management.
- Key account credit control – this solution allows us to support your key accounts with ample time allotted to help our team build relationships with your key account representatives to improve communication, query resolution and payment management.
- Outsourced credit control – our team can step in to support you temporarily or in the longer term to offer early arrears credit control.
- A “Triage” style case review or whole/part book review solution, helping your team to review cases at the pre-legal stage as to their readiness for court action. If you "in-house" your recoveries, then we can help save wasted court fees.
- Pre-legal telephone collections solutions helping you with query resolution, readiness to sue assessments, income and expenditure assessments and payment set-up and monitoring.
- Insolvency – from bankruptcy to winding up, we can support your needs from bespoke high profile instructions to volume needs.
- Volume litigation support where case handlers own your case from instruction to judgment to enforcement.
- Specialist litigation support – sometimes you will want a solicitor to handle a case from the outset, or you will need help with injunctive relief.
- Defended and complex litigation management –with access to 24 Partners and 231 legal advisors in our group, we are resourced to manage any size or complexity of case.
- Advice around invoice discounting, credit insurance and litigation funding.
In delivering this service, we are supported by:
- Our people – 24 Partners, 231 Legal Advisors
- Our systems – LexisNexis case management software
- Our values of pulling together, talking business sense, taking initiative and being within reach and responsive
- Our infrastructure – offices in 13 locations across the UK
- Our innovative drive – we are developing a credit manager smartphone application for release in 2019, and plugging our solutions in to our Resource Solutions product so that you can pick and choose when you need additional resource.
LLB (Hons) in Law 2:1 ( University of Southampton)