"'a very intelligent and articulate lawyer who can execute the most complex of transactions; her knowledge of the market combined with her reliability makes her highly valuable'"
Rebecca heads up Shoosmiths' national banking and finance team. She specialises in a range of debt finance work, including secured and unsecured, bilateral and syndicated lending both on a national and international level. She acts on behalf of either lenders (be they banks, private equity, venture capital or other funds) or corporate borrowers.
Rebecca's experience includes acquisition and leveraged finance, property finance, invoice finance and marine finance.
She has worked on a wide variety of transactions. Recent examples include:
- advising a bank in relation to a financing in connection with the £70 million acquisition of an offshore cross jurisdictional trust and fund business;
- advising a private equity backed company (a national training and educational specialist) in relation to its £45.5 million unitranche and super senior financing;
- advising a leading bank in relation to its £80 million syndicated asset based lending facility (plus a £20 million accordion option) providing back to back financing for an invoice discount provider;
- advising a property investment fund in relation to its financing arrangements, including a £12.5 million facility to finance a London office block and an approx £8 million facility to finance a number of national commercial and retail assets
- advising CDC Group plc in relation to a number of financings, most recently the USD15m financing for PEG Africa, an off grid solar panel business;
Rebecca trained at Allen & Overy LLP and qualified into the global loans team in 2002. She joined Shoosmiths in 2008.
LLB in law (with European legal studies) 2:1 ( University of Durham)