Richard is a Solicitor in the Technology, Media and Commercial department, based in the Birmingham office. Richard advises on a wide range of commercial matters, with a particular interest in disruptive technologies, innovation, digital media and the creative industries. Richard works with a variety of clients across a wide range of industry sectors, ranging from start-up businesses through to multinational companies and his recent work experience includes:
- Assisting a major UK-based financial institution with the outsourcing of its business critical IT function;
- Assisting an international tobacco group on the outsourcing of its Microsoft Office 365 Support Services;
- Assisting a major vehicle manufacturer in preparing simultaneous agreements for the delivery of track days, and the provision of tyres, at a prestigious UK racing circuit;
- Assisting with the production of a set of online marketplace terms and conditions to complement the existing offering of one of the UK's most recognisable retailers; and
- Assisting a notable start-up business with the production of a set of terms and conditions to govern the use of its web-based SaaS product.
Having studied history and politics at Cardiff University, Richard completed his Graduate Diploma in Law at the College of Law Bloomsbury, and his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law Birmingham. Richard joined Shoosmiths upon qualification in October 2014, having trained within the fast-paced in-house environment of a large communications infrastructure and media services provider.