Robin is a partner in the Commercial Team and specialises in advising clients on major projects and outsourcings including business process and technology outsourcings, business critical systems procurements and integration, telecoms network roll-outs, software development and licensing, e-commerce and other technology related projects.
Robin primarily advises clients in the finance, technology, automotive and retail sectors. Robin has also spent time working in-house at Volkswagen Group.
Recent deals led by Robin include:
- advising a UK merchant banking group on a range of business critical IT systems procurements and business process outsourcings including the procurement of a pioneering eSignature platform to be used for execution of all finance agreements across its entire motor and premium finance businesses as well as the outsourcing of loan administration and loan portfolio management arrangements
- advising Volkswagen Group on a number of major outsourcing arrangements including the outsourcing of its customer service centre, the procurement of data network and telecommunications services across its entire dealer network and various high value systems integration and support arrangements
- advising RCI Financial Services on a range of commercial and outsourcing arrangements
- advising Peugeot Motor Company on various outsourcing arrangements including the procurement of facilities management services and the outsourcing of its customer contact centre
- advising Mazda Europe on the procurement of application development, server support and maintenance services in connection with the roll out of a new IT platform for use across its entire UK dealer network
- advising a major lender on a range of large scale Introducer and Broker agreements in respect of FSA regulated products
- advising National Housing Federation on the contractual aspects of the creation of its affordable credit business, My Home Finance, including the appointment of a third party CDFI (Community Development Finance Institution) to operate part of the business
Robin studied law at Durham University, before undertaking a Masters in Corporate Law followed by the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School.
Robin spent five years at DLA Piper between 1999 and 2004, before moving to Squire Sanders. Robin joined Shoosmiths in 2006 and was made up to Partner in 2010.