Roger is a Partner in the firm’s award-winning Asset Finance team. He assists and advises motor finance lenders, leasing companies and banks on the recovery of financed assets and on general litigation matters. He has more than 17 years of relevant experience, having started his career working in-house at GMAC before qualifying as a solicitor.
Roger is actively involved with the Finance and Leasing Association, having spoken on a number of occasions at their annual Automotive Financial Crime conference and having previously assisted the organisation in preparing a paper on the subject of motor vehicle conversion fraud for the benefit of its membership. He is also active within the British Vehicle Renting and Leasing Association and recently assisted them in preparation and publication of their updated Consumer Credit Guide. In November 2015 he was invited to speak on Leasing Fraud at the Leaseurope conference in Brussels.
Roger frequently advises lenders on the following:
- Title disputes, including dual financing
- Innocent Purchaser claims under the Hire Purchase Act
- Disputes relating to the satisfactory quality of financed goods
- Technical Consumer Credit Act disputes
- Claims against Guarantors
- Financial Ombudsman investigations
- Fraud investigations and recovery
Shoosmith’s Asset Finance team is widely recognised as industry leaders in their field and is proud to have recently won the following awards:
- Leasing Life Asset Finance Legal Provider of the Year 2014
- Motor Finance Europe Legal Provider of the Year 2015 and 2016
- Credit Today Litigation Team of the Year 2015
- Credit Strategy Car Finance Legal Team of the Year 2016