Stephen is a specialist regulatory criminal defence lawyer and advises companies, directors and individuals on regulatory compliance across a range of sectors including advertising and marketing compliance (including sales promotions, prize promotions and Gambling Act compliance), anti-bribery legislation (including customer and third party incentive schemes), food and drink; tobacco law; inquests; health and safety; fire safety; environmental matters and product safety.
Stephen’s experience includes:
· Regularly advising retail, food & drink and automotive clients on advertising and marketing compliance
· Regularly advising an international tobacco product manufacturer on tobacco laws including plain packaging
· Advising retail and automotive clients on customer and third party incentive schemes
· Advising a major building and plumbing merchant on sales promotions and prize promotions
· Representing and advising corporate and individual clients at various Inquests
· Advising retail, telecommunications and automotive clients on product CE Marking and EU conformity
· Assisting in corporate transactions by carrying out regulatory due diligence on target companies
Stephen is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers' Association and the Food Law Group.
Stephen qualified in 2015 having trained with the firm which included a secondment with a global car manufacturer and distributor where he advised on numerous commercial and regulatory issues, including consumer dispute resolution, advertising and marketing law, gambling act compliance, data protection and IP.
Stephen previously worked as a litigation paralegal at Shoosmiths in Asset Finance and the banking recoveries department within the Recovery Services Group.
Law 2:1 ( University of Northampton )
Legal Practice Course Distinction ( De Montfort University, Leicester )