Stuart works with institutions in a wide range of sectors and works on business acquisitions, start-ups, reorganisations, investments/fundraising and succession. He provides advice on a range of commercial contracts and joint ventures.
Stuart also deals with banking and security work for financial institutions and borrowers in Scotland and nationally.
The sectors Stuart works with include retail, commercial real estate, manufacturing, renewables, technology, hospitality and charities.
Recent examples of work include advising on:
- banking opinions to a high street bank for a cross border property portfolio sale;
- shareholder documentation retail sector international joint venture;
- sale of online business Bettingpro.com and affiliate assets;
- subscription documentation for an investment in the hospitality sector;
- merger, refinance and reorganisation of Scottish printing companies;
- distribution agreement for a technology product in the logistics sector.
Stuart has a longstanding commitment to the housing association/social landlord sector and is a board member of a Housing Association in Livingston.
Stuart qualified with Brodies in 1993 he then joined Archibald Campbell & Harley before leaving to join Fyfe Ireland and later Lindsays. He returned to AC&H (now Shoosmiths) in 2007.