Suzanne is a banking and finance lawyer, undertaking a wide range of debt finance work, including acquisition finance, invoice and receivables finance, property finance and renewables finance on a bilateral, club or syndicated basis. Suzanne acts for borrowers, banks and financial institutions at both senior and mezzanine level. She has experience of advising on regional, national and international transactions.
Suzanne works with a range of documentation including facility agreements, security documents, intercreditor agreements and legal opinions. Her experience includes working with bilateral bank standard documentation as well as Loan Market Association documents.
Suzanne's recent experience includes:
- advising four banks in relation to the £71.5m financing (with an uncommitted £20m accordion option) of an Isle of Man borrower providing trust services operating in the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Hong Kong and BVI.
- advising an investor in relation to multicurrency term and revolving credit facilities to finance the acquisition of a group of companies providing pet cremation services.
- advising a UK bank in relation to a sterling and US dollar term loan facility to support the acquisition of a group of companies providing website hosting services in the UK and US.
- advising a UK bank in relation to the financing of a BVI borrower for the acquisition and development of a portfolio of properties in London.
- advising the invoice finance arm of a UK bank in relation to a receivables finance facility to support, amongst other things, the acquisition of a plc pursuant to a scheme of arrangement.
- advising an invoice finance provider in relation to a back to back invoice discounting facility to a UK company to finance receivables finance facilities provided by the borrower to its customers.
- advising a UK bank, invoice finance provider and asset finance provider for the funding of UK based imaging equipment, scanners and truck mounted mobile scanning units.
Suzanne has been recognised as an "Associate to Watch" in Chambers 2015 and 2016. In addition, Suzanne is recognised in Chambers 2016 as a "Notable Practitioner":
"Suzanne Love is an associate active on property finance and acquisition finance matters. One impressed client calls her "my right-hand person in all things financial because she is helpful and efficient"".
In 2013, Suzanne spent five months on secondment to the Financial Sponsors South arm of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, where she was involved in providing debt facilities in support of UK mid-market private equity transactions.
Suzanne trained at Blake Lapthorn and qualified in September 2008, during which time she completed a secondment at NATS Limited and Ericsson Television Limited. Suzanne joined Shoosmiths in September 2011.
Legal Practice Course Distinction ( The College of Law Guildford )
LLB Law 2:1 ( University of Wales Swansea )