"Thomas "gets things done, and routinely offers innovative commercial solutions""
Thomas is a real estate lawyer with considerable experience of all real estate transactions, but has a particular focus on high-value, large-scale greenfield and strategic land projects, providing advice on all legal aspects of taking sites through the development process, from site, development and disposals. He also acts on retail and industrial development and investment transactions, and corporate real estate matters. His commercial “deal driven” approach is welcomed by clients who say Thomas “gets things done, and routinely offers innovative commercial solutions" (Legal 500, 2013) and he seeks to provide a pro-active approach to the advice given by him and his team.
His recent project experience includes advising:
- The sale of land for construction of over 1,100 houses in Banbury to a consortium of national housebuilders for over £41m.
- Acting for the developer in the development and sale of land at Bridgwater to a national supermarket for their South-West regional distribution centre
- Completion of phase one of a 3,000 home 'new town' development scheme in East Devon.
- Acting for the Vendors in the sale of land in Bedfordshire for £50m+ to a consortium of national housebuilders.
- Acting for the developer in a large mixed-use scheme in Buckingham, including the sale for £40m of land to a housebuilder (for the construction of 1,000 houses).
Thomas joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2017, having previously worked at Macfarlanes and been a partner at Irwin Mitchell (since 2012).
LLB (Hons) Law ( Leeds University )