Wayne is a property litigation lawyer and heads up the Manchester team. He specialises in all aspects of commercial property disputes and acts for some of the largest property occupiers, investors and developers in the North West and further afield.
Wayne's extensive experience includes: break notices, dilapidations and all other Landlord and Tenant related matters, contractual and development disputes, rights to light, rights of way and professional negligence claims arising from property transactions.
Wayne also has considerable experience in mediations and expert determinations.
Clients recommend Wayne for "having ideas, not just taking instructions".
Recent examples of work at his previous firm include:
- acting on behalf of a public sector landlord in the termination of numerous business tenancies at one of its shopping centres;
- strategic advice to a major UK Plc, as former occupier of warehouse premises, to mitigate the impact of a significant guarantee following the current tenant going into administration;
- acting for a substantial property investor to enforce a tenant's repairing covenants prior to lease expiry and subsequently pursuing a claim for terminal dilapidations;
- successfully acting for a global business in bringing a claim for negligence against its former solicitors in respect of historic property liabilities following a corporate acquisition;
- bringing and defending numerous claims in respect of break notice conditions and compliance.
Wayne became a partner in the property litigation team in 2013, having previously worked at Pannone and Eversheds. He is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Dilapidations Forum.