Where appropriate we also work with other professionals, including accountants, probate registrars, surveyors and the Charity Commission, to provide bespoke training and development that covers all the needs of a particular charity.
Some of the training recently provided to charities by members of our charities team includes:
- Charity governance and regulatory updates
- The disposal of charity property
- Legal updates in the field of contentious probate claims, including Inheritance Act applications, challenges to the validity of wills and proprietary estoppel claims
- A webinar run in conjunction with the Institute of Legacy Management on the topic of “Disputes in charitable estates and the potential impact of COVID-19”
- Construction and rectification claims
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of your charity
- Trustees' duties
- Mediation training
To find out how we can help with your charity's governance, legacy or other legal training requirements, please contact either Angela Bowman, national head of Shoosmiths' charities practice, on 03700 868 244 or by email at [email protected]co.uk; or Robert Nieri, Principal Associate and charity governance specialist, on 03700 865 549 or by email at [email protected].