The team advise on transactions which include corporate and acquisition finance (both UK and overseas), general corporate lending and debt restructuring. We also advise our lender clients in connection with collect out and enforcement.
Our advice covers all aspects, including preparing and negotiating the facility documentation (which often have multi-jurisdictional elements), reviewing and reporting on underlying contracts, negotiating inter-creditor arrangements and putting in place appropriate security documentation.
Recent experience includes
- Advising a large national corporate on its refinance of a £30m receivables finance facility
- Advising a large national corporate on its refinance of receivables and stock facilities from a new funder
- Advising Leumi ABL in relation to a £8.5m asset based lending facility (including receivables finance, inventory finance, a term loan, an online facility and trade finance) to Cooper Callas, an Oxfordshire-based importer of bathrooms and bathroom furniture
- Advising Leumi ABL on its involvement in the management buy in of Eddingtons Limited including the provision of a receivable finance facility, inventory facility and an online facility
- Acting for the invoice finance arm of a high street bank in relation to a receivables finance facility for an investor backed Norwich based business supplies specialist
- Advising a paper and packaging group in relation to its receivable finance facilities with a UK asset based lender
- Advising the invoice finance arm of a high street bank in relation to a £28m receivables and inventory facilities and property loan to William Sinclair Holdings plc., an AIM listed supplier of commercial and horticultural products
- Acting for the invoice finance arm of a high street bank in its participation in a £200m facility to an oil importer
Asset backed lending is part of Shoosmiths’ wider banking & finance offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].