The team regularly advises the structuring and documentation of sponsor-led leveraged buyouts, corporate-led acquisitions, bid financings and investment grade financings on both a domestic and international basis.
Such financings require a detailed knowledge of corporate finance transactions and an ability to understand and advise in the management of risk and on intercreditor and priority issues.
Dealing with more than 200 corporate and banking transactions each year means we are able to bring experience and a commercial edge to the advice we give you. The team advises across a broad variety of sectors including telecoms, healthcare, education, marine, energy and retail, acting for some of the UK’s major banks and financial institutions, borrowers (domestic and international) and private equity investors.
Clients say we are 'one of the most commercial teams in the market' and we pride ourselves on proactively identifying key issues on a transaction by transaction basis. Our role is to find solutions for you, not problems - we understand your needs and deliver advice tailored to meeting those needs.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a club of lenders in relation to the £101.5m financing (with an uncommitted £20m accordion option) of an Isle of Man borrower providing trust services operating in the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Singapore, Hong Kong and BVI
- Advising a co-educational independent day and boarding schools group in relation to its £37m term loan financing with two UK banks to, amongst other things, finance the acquisition of an independent specialist school
- Advising a private equity backed national training and education specialist in relation to its £45.5m unitranche and super senior refinancing with an independent asset management fund group
- Advising a UK clearing bank in relation to a £35m term loan facility and £10m revolving credit facility to a third-generation flatbread maker to originally fund the buyback of shares and to further fund its Indian production
- Advising an Indonesian telecoms provider in relation to its £40m term loan facilities supported by cross border security
Leveraged & acquisition finance is part of Shoosmiths’ wider banking & finance offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].