Shoosmiths’ national TMT team is one of the largest dedicated practices in the UK, comprising over 20 lawyers (including 9 partners) who regularly act on high-profile TMT transactions for well-known businesses across the sector.
As you’d expect, our experienced TMT lawyers are experts at applying the ‘black letter’ law. But we don’t work in a legal bubble. In a sector where disruption, innovation and constant change are everywhere, we know what is happening on the ground.
What’s more, most of our lawyers have worked in-house. The result? We speak fluent business sense: our lawyers are not just legal experts but TMT experts. A deep knowledge of these sectors—inside and out—means that we have hands-on experience of giving focussed and innovative legal advice.
Our experience TMT lawyers can help you with:
Tech and Digital Media:
- Cloud services
- Database & API licensing
- Digital platforms & online media
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) advice:
- Digital strategy & business models
- Ecommerce law
- Games and interactive entertainment
- Internet law
- IT outsourcing
- IT systems procurement
- Mobile apps
- Online marketing & advertising
- Social media law
- Software development (including agile methodology)
- IT and telecoms network infrastructure (particularly active and passive infrastructure sharing, whether acting on the Operator or Towerco side.)
- Wi-Fi roll out
- Mast site leases and other real estate matters
If there is an international aspect to a project, our extensive network of personal relationships with law firms around the world means that we can locate the right legal experts for the job. Our network is complemented by our longstanding membership of the World Services Group (WSG), a multi-disciplinary professional services organisation, which brings together leading advisers in over 145 countries across the globe.
We’d be delighted to hear from you. Contact a member of the team today.