We deliver bespoke solutions to these very technical issues. The solution will be compliant with Islamic principles whilst maintaining the supremacy of English law.
We provide specialist help and assistance for matters including:
- Islamic divorce (Talaq)
- Islamic dissolution of marriage (Faskh-e-Nikah or Tafreeq)
- Khula and Khula agreements
- Advice on Mehr and property claims
- Financial provision for children
- Applications to a Shariah Council
What is Talaq?
Talaq is the dissolution of the Islamic marriage (Nikah). The type of Talaq pronounced affects the type of separation that ensues and can impact on any potential reconciliation.
There are ways for the wife to effect separation as well by making an application to a Shariah Council to have the marriage dissolved if the husband refuses to give Talaq.
Our specialist lawyers can advise upon the religious and cultural issues faced by divorcing couples concerning the issue of Islamic Talaq. We can:
- Advise upon the different types of Talaq and the correct processes for each
- Guide you through the processes used by Shariah Councils
- Provide bespoke solutions to technical questions relating to the validity of Talaq working with Islamic Jurists, including contentious questions relating to Triple Talaq, Talaq given under duress, anger or intoxication, etc.
- Advise and represent you regarding any connected issues such as the division of property, maintenance and child arrangements
Fixed fee packages
If you need our help to guide you through the process of using a Shariah Council, please contact us for details of our fixed fee packages.