The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and certain sectoral regulators have far-reaching powers to investigate suspected competition law infringements and markets that otherwise appear not to be operating competitively, in the UK.
We have considerable experience advising clients under investigation. We readily identify and provide guidance on the relevant strategic and tactical considerations, as well as helping to manage the practicalities of the process.
Our competition law team has been involved in a number of the CMA’s recent high-profile competition investigations and has achieved notable successes. We draw on the latest in forensics technology to identify relevant evidence as quickly as possible. This helps to inform our advice on strategy. We have also used sophisticated legal arguments to minimise the significance of the penalties imposed by the regulators when an infringement has occurred.
Click here for further details.
As part of our broader Antitrust Armour suite of compliance products, we also work with businesses to help them “be prepared” for the possibility of investigations, including dawn raids.
- Representing a party under investigation in a CMA airport facilities case, securing rapid case closure on behalf of our client.
- Representing a market-leading business in the CMA’s market sharing investigation into cleanroom laundries and successfully securing a 90% discount off the fine.
- Advising a major UK insurer on the CMA’s market investigation into private motor insurance.
- Advising a major funeral care provider on the CMA’s market investigation into the UK funeral industry.
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s commercial catering equipment infringement investigation.
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s modelling agencies cartel investigation.
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s investigation into Comparethemarket’s use of MFNs in relation to price comparison websites.
- Representing a leading market player in one of the CMA’s ongoing investigations into musical instruments.
- Acting for an individual called in for interview by the CMA in relation to one of its ongoing investigations in the pharmaceuticals sector.