We work closely with our clients to help them understand and comply with the competition law rules.
We are the 'go to' competition law advisers for numerous household name businesses, guiding them through the complexities of competition law by providing clear, practical and commercially-astute advice.
For most businesses, there is no substitute for having a proactive competition law compliance programme in place. Competition law issues can arise without warning and, without proper measures proactively being put into place, it is impossible to ensure that no potentially compromising situations will arise. Just one unhelpfully worded email sent by a junior employee could be enough to trigger a competition investigation – we’ve seen it in practice!
Our team of specialist City-trained competition lawyers has considerable experience working with businesses to help them identify and manage their competition law risks, achieving compliance.
Our range of compliance offerings includes in-person training, e-learning and written guidance. We also regularly conduct competition law audits, giving clients a snapshot overview of the level of competition law compliance within their organisation – and an opportunity to manage any issues that may be identified.
We recognise that achieving compliance is not a case of “one size fits all” and that an effective compliance programme needs to be tailored to the business and the market in which it operates. Our approach is to be highly adaptable. Our objective is to identify what will work best for the business in question, to help it minimise competition law risk.
To help clients with their compliance efforts, we have developed our Antitrust Armour suite of products. Click here for further details.
- Representing a party under investigation in a CMA airport facilities case, securing rapid case closure on behalf of our client.
- Representing a market-leading business in the CMA’s market sharing investigation into cleanroom laundries and successfully securing a 90% discount off the fine.
- Advising a major UK insurer on the CMA’s market investigation into private motor insurance.
- Advising a major funeral care provider on the CMA’s market investigation into the UK funeral industry.
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s commercial catering equipment infringement investigation
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s modelling agencies cartel investigation.
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s investigation into Compare The Market’s use of MFNs in relation to price comparison websites.
- Representing a leading market player in one of the CMA’s ongoing investigations into musical instruments.
- Acting for an individual called in for interview by the CMA in relation to one of its ongoing investigations in the pharmaceuticals sector.