As part of our broader competition investigations work, we have considerable experience advising clients under investigation, including in dawn raids.
If you need support in the event of a dawn raid, or if you would simply like to ensure that your business is prepared in the eventuality of a dawn raid, contact one of our team for assistance.
We also offer more general advice on managing a crisis, for example, a crisis line with 24 hour support and reputational management e.g. advice on press announcements and public messaging (if a client is publicly named as an investigated party) through our 'Resilience' product.
Recent competition experience includes:
- Representing a party under investigation in a CMA airport facilities case, securing rapid case closure on behalf of our client
- Representing a market-leading business in the CMA’s market sharing investigation into clean-room laundries and successfully securing a 90% discount off the fine
- Advising a major UK insurer on the CMA’s market investigation into private motor insurance
- Advising a major funeral care provider on the CMA’s market investigation into the UK funeral industry
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s commercial catering equipment infringement investigation
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s modelling agencies cartel investigation
- Advising a party involved in the CMA’s investigation into Compare The Market’s use of MFNs in relation to price comparison websites
- Representing a leading market player in one of the CMA’s ongoing investigations into musical instruments
- Acting for an individual called in for interview by the CMA in relation to one of its ongoing investigations in the pharmaceuticals sector
Resilience is an integrated issues & crisis management service delivered in partnership between Shoosmiths and Madano. Request your copy of the Resilience guide today.