As part of our broader competition investigations work, we have considerable experience advising clients under investigation, including in dawn raids.
If you need support in the event of a dawn raid, or if you would simply like to ensure that your business is prepared in the eventuality of a dawn raid, contact one of our team for assistance.
We also offer more general advice on managing a crisis, for example, a crisis line with 24 hour support and reputational management e.g. advice on press announcements and public messaging (if a client is publicly named as an investigated party) through our 'Resilience' product.
Recent competition experience includes:
- Successfully defending a pharmacy operator under investigation by the CMA for alleged excessive pricing of hand sanitiser products, leading to the CMA swiftly dropping the case against our client.
- Representing a party under investigation in a CMA airport facilities case, securing rapid case closure on behalf of our client (the CMA proceeded to impose a fine of £1.6 million in a related case).
- Representing Micronclean Limited in the CMA’s market sharing investigation into cleanroom laundries and successfully securing a 90% discount off the fine
- Advising a retailer involved in the CMA’s RPM infringement investigation into musical instruments, in which the CMA imposed a fine of £4.5 million Fender
- Advising an interested party in relation to the CMA’s investigation into Compare The Market’s use of MFNs, in which the CMA imposed a fine on Compare The Market of £17.9 million
- Acting for various individuals called in for interview by the CMA, including in relation to one of its investigations in the pharmaceuticals sector
- Advising a party during the dawn raid by the European Commission of its offices in Paris, including finding and working with IT forensic experts in relation to data comprising over one million documents that required analysis.